Clark Forklifts: Pioneering Material Handling Since the Beginning
Clark Material Handling Company, a trailblazer in the forklift industry, has a rich and storied history. This blog post explores Clark’s pioneering journey into the forklift business and examines some of their top forklift models.
Clark’s Entry into Forklift Manufacturing
The origins of Clark’s involvement in the forklift industry date back to the early 20th century. Founded in 1917, Clark initially produced axles and transmissions for trucks and tractors. It was in 1919 that Clark engineers developed what is considered the first forklift truck, known as the Tructractor. This vehicle, initially built for internal use, quickly garnered interest from outside companies, leading Clark to begin production for the mass market.
Innovations and Global Expansion
Throughout the decades, Clark has been at the forefront of many pioneering innovations in the material handling sector. In the 1930s, they introduced the Duat, one of the first four-wheel internal combustion forklifts, and later the first operator overhead guard and load backrests in the 1950s. Their commitment to innovation, safety, and durability helped Clark to expand globally, establishing itself as a key player in the material handling industry.
Top Clark Forklift Models
1. Clark C20/25/30/35 (Internal Combustion Forklifts)
- Key Features: These models are known for their robustness, reliability, and ease of maintenance, offering powerful internal combustion engines.
- Best For: Suitable for a wide range of applications, including manufacturing, warehousing, and outdoor use.
2. Clark GTS Series (Internal Combustion Forklifts)
- Key Features: The GTS series combines performance with low operating costs, featuring an ergonomic design and advanced safety features.
- Best For: Ideal for businesses looking for a cost-effective, reliable, and versatile forklift solution.
3. Clark ESX12-25 (Electric Forklifts)
- Key Features: These electric forklifts offer zero emissions, reduced noise levels, and are highly efficient, with excellent maneuverability.
- Best For: Perfect for indoor use in warehouses and distribution centers where environmental impact is a concern.
4. Clark NPX Stand-up Rider Forklift
- Key Features: This stand-up rider forklift is designed for optimal performance in narrow aisles, providing excellent visibility and ergonomics.
- Best For: Excellent for warehousing operations, especially in narrow aisle and high-density storage environments.
Why Choose Clark Forklifts?
Opting for a Clark forklift brings several benefits:
- Legacy of Innovation: Clark is a pioneering brand with a long history of introducing industry firsts.
- Durability and Reliability: Their forklifts are built to last and withstand rigorous use.
- Global Network: Clark’s extensive global presence ensures reliable customer service and support.
- Variety of Options: They offer a wide range of models to cater to different needs, from heavy-duty lifting to precise indoor maneuvering.
Clark Material Handling Company has played a pivotal role in shaping the forklift industry. From creating the first forklift truck to their continued innovation in design and safety, Clark has established itself as a benchmark in the material handling world. Their wide range of forklifts, known for durability and reliability, continues to meet the diverse needs of modern industries globally.